This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  chase-h-dimond 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Heidi Zetz 
    Tea Lover

How do you best pair green tea with food? What food is the best to have with green tea?

Bob Dainko 
    Tea Lover

My wife says:

Green tea has a refreshing, plant-based flavor that pairs beautifully with lightly seasoned meats and salads built with mild vegetables.

chase-h-dimond 
      Tea Master

I’ll definitely remember this going forward

Jamie Wilhelm 
    Tea Lover

I agree with Bob and his wife. I love green tea at dinner with some meat and veggies 🙂

Alexa Hall 
    Tea Lover

Would love to learn more about this as well. Let me know (:

M 
    Tea Lover

Heya!

This is my first post and your forum seemed like a very good topic!

In my personal experience, the best food to pair with green tea is something not as tart.

Since the true green teas have a bitter taste, the last thing you should do is pair it with something just as sharp!

My suggestions would be a slightly seasoned fish such as a hint of lemon pepper or herb (not overpowering), zucchini, and a sweet bread roll.

The key is to offset the flavors in the meal, so you are not overrun with a strong taste.

The opposite can be done with adding dairy free milk and sugar to the green tea (like matcha), then pair with a dark chocolate brownie.

chase-h-dimond 
      Tea Master

This is excellent insight! Thank you!

©2018 Tea Lovers - All Rights Reserved

or

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account