Traditional way (Using a bowl)
- Tea bowl
- Bamboo whisk
- Measuring ladle
- Matcha powder ( 1 to 2 teaspoon)
- Water (1 cup or 8 ounces)
- Take the powder in the strainer
- Shake it well to ensure it is free of clumps and then sift it into the bowl
- Take hot water in a cup and after it has cooled to 180 – 190 °C pour it into the bowl having the matcha powder. Do not add the green tea to the boiling water as its grassy taste will get more intense.
- Whisk the mixture in a circular, zigzag motion for about 10 to 15 seconds till your tea has attained a bright, green color.
- You can pour it in a teacup or directly drink it from the bowl.
- Add honey or any sweetener since it has a grass-like taste.
- To get an aromatic flavor, you can even add pieces of chopped or ground ginger for a matcha ginger tea.
Matcha in a cup
- Matcha powder
- Heat the water
- Add a few drops of it to the powder to make a paste
- Add more water for a thick concoction
- Your matcha is ready to drink
You can find more tasty recipes here.